Mocean's annual choreographic lab CLEaR Forum, Photo by Kevin MacCormack

Saturday 15 April 2017

Momentum

Gravity finds it’s way in.

My bones slide through spatial planes gaining momentum as they go. 

Like a tumbleweed in an old western movie I gather similar limbs to roll with me.

My focus contextualizes the space, seeking new initiation points to draw parallels between imagination and reality.

Wringing you in with the obvious point of a finger, I create a retraceable path.

My lungs listen to the pulse of the room. 

Expanding and deflating dynamics splash the suspension in between.  

My rhythm palpitates from the soles of my feet right through the roof of my mouth.

 


Shaking hands search my exterior to gather a better understanding of what’s happening inside.

My innards reminds me I am human, a collecting device of memories and moments.


My heart opens, 
connecting me to all the other life

I share this
 dance 
with.


-Olivia Aubrecht 
Emerge Participant 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment